Homework 5: Sprint 3 (Final)
Due on Gradescope Tuesday, March 21, 2023 11:59pm
This homework is to be done and submitted as a team.
A portion of this assignment will be graded for you individually and the other portion will be graded for your team as a whole.
In this homework, you will conduct your third (and final) sprint with your team to complete a presentable Minimum Viable Product (MVP) for the Dronuts Application. In completing this assignment, you will develop the skills needed to:
- Use appropriate technology to build your MVP.
- Select and measure appropriate indicators that will help you evaluate viability.
- Present your software to stakeholders.
In this sprint, you should improve your MVP along the following lines:
- You should ensure that your customer facing side and your store facing sides are communicating. (e.g., this means that a customer should be able to create an order that shows up for the store, and the store should be able to make some change that the client sees, like maybe adding a donut type, or changing a price).
- You should now be able to do some end-to-end testing. You are expected to have at least one end-to-end test for the customer facing side, and one end-to-end test for the store facing side.
- Optionally, you may choose to implement a map to show where the drones are, and how they are moving to deliveries. If you choose to implement this, you will receive 10 extra credit points.
Proper use of your Kanban board should be maintained and tasks should be assigned to team members.
Payment API Requirement is Canceled
We had a lot of difficulty adapting the payment API for deployment on fly.io and were not able to complete it in time. All aspects of the project related to implementing the payment API are hereby excused.
Demonstration of Individual Actions
All team members should still be making pull requests (PRs) when adding/pushing new code. PRs should be used to close out their corresponding issues.
As you progress toward your MVP, every individual team member should demonstrate
- At least one task on the Kanban board is assigned to them.
- A pull request merged with at least one +1 from a reviewer
- Adding at least one constructive comment on another team member’s Pull Request
We will visit your GitHub repo to check that these have occurred with timestamps prior to the assignment deadline of March 21. If GitHub fails to show any evidence of your work, you will lose points from the individual portion of your grade.
Final Team Deliverables
- Release version 1.0 of your code.
You have the option of choosing your delivery date for this homework. To let us know your choice, you should tag a release version of your code in your Github repo. The timestamp of the release that you create will be your delivery date from the perspective of the staff. Regardless, please tag a version as 1.0 before 11:59pm March 21st, with or without the optional drone map.
Submit the URL to your release to Gradescope.
As this is your final sprint for the Dronuts application, you should write a 1-2 page reflection on your experiences. Some of the points that you should reflect upon include the following:
- The project, itself:
- How did your project turn out?
- Did your team complete everything you expected? Why or why not?
- Are you satisfied with its functionality? Why?
- Are you satisfied with its quality? Why?
- Your individual performance:
- What new skills did you learn?
- What do you wish you had done differently?
- What would you have done the same?
- Your team's performance:
- What went well?
- What went poorly?
- What will you do differently with your next team?
Additionally, you are required to summarize your contributions to the Dronuts project, and your perception of the contributions of your teammates.
Upload this document individually to Gradescope.